Clinic EGV is a completely barrier-free fully-accessible environment:
In accordance with the requirements of Cabinet of Ministers Regulation No. 60 of January 20, 2009, "Regulations on mandatory requirements for medical institutions and structural units," Clinic EGV ensures all conditions for the comfortable stay of those with functional impairments:
- independently visit a medical institution
- independent movement within a medical facility
- independent movement to other floors
- for visitors with visual or hearing impairment, sound or visual information can be received
- designated WC.
Ambulatory services - outpatient services, day hospital, treatment room. Should a patient/visitor require additional help to access a medical facility/specialist medical service, he/she can:
- Call in advance to the clinic
- Ask any employee
- Each employee shall maximally assist individuals with functional impairments, involving other employees if necessary.
- Those with functional impairments who are receiving medical services are accommodated in patients' rooms with specially-adapted sanitary provisions.
- Communication with the hearing-impaired is via visual information or writing, or with the help of an invited, specially-trained specialist from the Latvian Society for the Deaf.
- Those with visual impairments can stay in the clinic with a specially-trained guide dog, except for rooms where entry is only permitted in special protective clothing/uniform. If necessary, the staff of a specific area shall escort a patient to such place from where he/she can continue independently or with an escort.
- Persons suffering from mental disorders shall receive information about options to receive medical services in an understandable form - for example pictograms (symbols) if necessary.
- Information about the procedure for providing medical services to persons with functional impairments is available at the registry and on Clinic EGV’s website homepage .
Information about the procedure for providing medical services to persons with functional impairments is available at the registry and on Clinic EGV’s website homepage .